- To encourage and promote the quality in the breeding of purebred Great Danes and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To encourage the membership to a lifetime responsibility for their Great Danes, the Dane’s offspring and to the education of others as all are necessary for the protection and advancement of the breed.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the Standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Great Danes shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and companion events.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, and companion events under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club and to generate publicity on any matter affecting the welfare of the breed.
- To encourage dedication to the health and welfare of the breed.
- To disseminate and promote the ideal and objectives of the Great Dane Club of America’s Charitable Trust. https://www.gdca.org
- To encourage the GDCGKC to participate, promote and support Great Dane Rescue.